Friday, August 7, 2009

Contest #3

The winner of Contest #2, two “illuminated” greeting cards, an “illuminated” packet of stationary, and a box of Premium Mint Chocolate M&M's, is Cindy Beck of Utah. Congratulations, Cindy!!!

The answer to contest question #2: The name of the illuminator Siri’s father was sent to study with in the Kingdom of Jerusalem was Basilius.

Okay, now for our Noon contest. For you readers out there (are there any other kinds of people entering my contests today?), I have next two sheets of book plates decorated in the style of medieval illumination. If you look closely you'll see that one sheet of book plates has a medieval jester all tangled up in a vine, while the second sheet has a lovely medieval lady holding two medieval shields. The two sheets together make up a total of 20 book plates. Sorry for the lack of gold paint that truly gave medieval illumination its "illumination", but Siri just finished an important commission for someone (you'll have to read my book to find out who), and she's used up all her gold paint.

Of course, you’ll need a book to put one of those book plates in, so I’m also including a copy of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table, by Roger Lancelyn Green. One of the characters in Illuminations of the Heart was particularly fond of such tales as these, though again, you’ll have to read my book to find out who. :-)

How can you win this book and set of book plates? Visit this website

http://www.shoshone.k12.id.us/medieval/illumina.htm

and tell me what invention brought the medieval art of illumination to an end. (I promise it's not hard to find. It's somewhere in the first 3 paragraphs!)

Send me the answer with your NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS to jdipastena@yahoo.com by 12:55 AM PST. Please type: Contest #3 in the subject line. I'll draw a winner and announce the name when I announce our 1 PM contest and prize.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad I didn't win!

Joyce DiPastena said...

It's not too late to enter Contest #3! It's open until 12:55 PM EST.