Sunday, August 30, 2015

Summary Sunday

This is the last Summary Sunday from Courting Cassandry that I will be sharing with you. Why? Because I finished my first draft this week! (Please join me in a roaring "Huzzah!") There will be many revisions ahead before the story is ready to share with you in full, but now I have the "clay" (a first draft) to work and fashion into something polished and hopefully enjoyable for my readers.

So here is a final sampling of sentences from my final chapter of Courting Cassandry. Thank you for joining me on this part of the journey!

Mini-Cast of Characters:

Cassandry: my 40-something heroine
Gerolt: my 50-something hero
Egelina: Cassandry's teenaged daughter
Rauffe: Gerolt's teenaged son

Monday: (Cassandry to Egelina:) “Gelli! How could you and Rauffe perform such a desecration of something you must have recognized as precious to Lord Gerolt?”

Tuesday: Gerolt felt a tug in his chest, as powerful as if a physical cord sought to jerk him from this chamber into the yard below. Did she still linger there? Was it too late?

Wednesday: Gerolt had focused on fate’s unlucky whims for so long. Did he dare hazard all the future that this time it would be kind?


Thursday: Oh, saints, if she misread the intent in his eyes, she was afraid she might splinter into a thousand jagged shards.

No comments: