Sunday, October 16, 2011

Summary Sunday

Summary Sunday is where I share one new sentence from each day of my writing week with you. It's a way to give you a flavor of what I'm currently working on, and a way to hold myself accountable for actually writing something during the week so I'll have some sentences to share with you! :-)

These sentences are from my never-ending draft of Acelet's story. (Acelet was a character in Illuminations of the Heart, in case you haven't read it.)

Monday: His leather belt had matching starburst studs to the scabbard that held his sword.

Tuesday: "The pictures were pretty, but I could not make heads nor tails of the words, and I needed the money for a game of Evens or Odds that night.”

Wednesday: "There’ll be no foolery while I am in charge of this kitchen."

Thursday: “Because my chosen trade obliges me to consort with riffraff,” Jaufres sniffed, “does not mean I have abandoned the honor I was raised to respect between gentlemen."

Saturday: He would soon be far away from Poitiers, too far away to point a finger her way if he ever comprehended the fullness of her duplicity.

No comments: