Friday, May 20, 2011

Get to Know the Author: Anne Patrick

First, my apologies that this weekly post may seem to have vanished off the face of the earth. It hasn’t really. I simply got distracted with a trip to Salt Lake City to visit my sister and kind of let this series slide while I was gone. But it and I are both back now! So today we resume our Get to Know the Author series with romantic suspense author, Anne Patrick.
 JDP: Welcome, Anne! Did your mother read to you as a child?
Anne: Oh yeah!  She passed her love for mystery and suspense on to me, which in turn fueled my very active imagination.  It was my mother who encouraged me to write my adventures down instead of acting them out.  I usually got into less trouble this way :-).
JDP: Do you remember a favorite book from your childhood?
Anne: A teacher reading Escape from Witch Mountain, by Alexander H. Key, was the first to really inspire me to read.  I still think often about this book and  those two mysterious orphan children, with extraordinary powers, and their black cat named Winkie.  Come to think of it, as much as I enjoyed this book it's a wonder I didn't grow up to be a writer of the paranormal.  Hummm....
JDP: Name a favorite author as an adult.
 Anne: Hands down, it’s inspirational romantic suspense author Dee Henderson.
JDP: Share a book you’ve read multiple times.
Anne: Dee Henderson’s O’Malley series.  I’ve read each at least twice.
JDP: Kindle, Nook, or good old hard copy?  
Anne: After playing with my aunt’s Kindle I have plans to buy my own.
JDP: What’s your favorite place to read?  
Anne: Same place where I write, my faithful rocking chair.
JDP: What are your three favorite reading genres.  
Anne: Inspirational, Romantic Suspense and Mystery.
JDP: What’s the last book you read?  
Anne: Tess Gerritsen’s Ice Cold.
JDP: What are you’re reading now?
Anne: Irene Hannon’s Against All Odds.
JDP: What’s next on your reading list?
Anne: Next on my TBR list is In Harm’s Way by Irene Hannon.
JDP: What you would like to read more of? (author, genre, etc)
Anne: Dee Henderson.  Did I mention I love her books! :-)
JDP: You may have mentioned it once or twice. LOL! If you like her that well, I guess I’d better check her books out! Share a favorite book that you’ve read in the last 12 months. 
Anne: The book that stands out the most is The Shack by William P. Young.  It came out in ‘07 but there was so much controversy connected to it I put off reading it.  I’m glad I read this amazing book.
More about Anne! : Anne Patrick has penned more than a dozen novels of Romance, Mayhem & Faith, including the award-winning and best-selling Journey to Redemption & Fire and Ash.  Her works continue to receive 4 & 5 star reviews from readers and reviewers.  Anne has an alter ego by the name of Kinzie Monroe, who writes Inspirational Romance.  Anne, you might say, is the dark side of Kinzie.  Anne’s books may be darker in subject matter, but they all carry messages of hope and faith.  Born and raised in Oklahoma, she now makes her home in Kansas.
To learn more about Anne, please visit her website or blogShe loves to hear from her readers!
Publishing Credits:
Journey to Redemption
Dark Alliance
Reservations for Two (by Kinzie Monroe)
Lethal Dreams
Ties That Bind
Out of the Darkness
Fire and Ash
No Greater Love (Kinzie Monroe)
Sabotage
Christmas with Hope (short story) – ‘Sweet’ Christmas Anthology
You can find buy links to all my works on Anne’s website.
Summary of Fire and AshFire Investigator Sadie McGregor has been called to her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri to investigate a suspicious fire which claimed the life of a local college student. By appearance the fire looks like the girl was just careless. What Sadie and Sheriff Quinn Harrington discover will not only affect those close to them, but will rock the entire community of Emerald Point and put Sadie’s life on the line.Sadie’s life isn’t the only thing at stake. Struggling with the guilt of having been responsible for the fire that killed her family, when she was only seven, Sadie doesn’t feel she’s worthy of God’s love and forgiveness. Will Quinn be able to prove otherwise before it’s too late? 

11 comments:

She said...

Fire and Ice sounds good. I have to read different genres or the books start all running into each other and sounding the same. Your list sounds good. I don't read a lot of inspirational romances.

Matthew Tandy said...

Good job Joyce. It was a nice interview. I am not sure though if I am more convinced to bring a book home from Anne Patrick or Dee.;-)

I am sure my wife at least will try both.

Gail Pallotta said...

Anne Patrick is one of my favorite authors. She writes page turning suspense. I wish her much success with all of her books.

Larry Hammersley said...

Great interview, Joyce. Anne, it is amazing how many books you have out. My Indiana Jones hat is off to you. I must confess I've only read one: Lethal Dreams. I enjoyed it very much. Descriptions of the others sound great. Best of luck on future endeavors. Larry

Anne Patrick said...

Thanks She. I hope you'll give one of my books a try :). Thanks for dropping by!

Anne Patrick said...

LOL Matthew. I think you might enjoy either one, but I would much rather you chose one of mine :). Best wishes!

Anne Patrick said...

Thank you so much, Gail. I really appreciate your kind words. Thanks for dropping by, and best luck to you too, my friend.

Anne Patrick said...

Thank you, Larry. I'm glad you enjoyed Lethal Dreams. Good luck to you too, my friend.

Grace Elliot said...

Lovely to meet you Anne. It always great to get recommendations for an author you havent read before.
As to reading as a child, my Mum used to read me the Paddington Bear stories by Michael Bond. I think she wished each story was a bit shorter though...I got good value for money (so to speak) from each read!

Anne Patrick said...

Hi Grace. I visited your blog. Great job. Widget is a real cutie :). I love both dogs and cats and have one of each.

Anna del C. Dye said...

My best to you Anne. It is so nice to meet you. Your books does sounds very interesting to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Anna del C.
Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
http://www.annadelc.com