Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser is a weekly bookish meme (rhymes with “cream"), hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. (I’ve borrowed it from LDS Women’s Book Review.) Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share at least two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

I’m adapting the rules slightly: I’ll be quoting some random lines from the last page I read before I post my teaser. I'm a slow reader and this is an exceptionally long book, so I will probably share multiple teasers over the next few weeks. Here's the first one:

The knife withdrew from my flesh. Across me Marric said: "Well, so far so good. The brat did us a good turn with his fire. No one was watching the river to see a boat slip under the bridge. Now, boy, let's hear what you have to tell us. What's your name?"

"Myrddin Emrys."

"And you say you were--hey, wait a minute! Did you say Myrddin? Not the bastard?"

"Yes."

The Crystal Cave, by Mary Stewart, p 92

If you'd like to share a Teaser from a book you're currently reading, I'd love you to do so in the comment section. And you don't even have to share it on a Tuesday! Be sure to include the title, author, and page number in case others would like to check out the book you're reading, too!

6 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

From Death of a Poison Pen by M.C. Beaton, p 33.

"Any news of the autopsy?"

"He collected a tray containing eggs and chips and tea and made for a table by the window."

Joyce DiPastena said...

I love knowing what other people are reading! Thanks for sharing, CL. :-)

M said...

Hey Joyce,
Not post related comment. I was checking out your books on Amazon but there are no Kindle editions. Do you know if your books will be available on Kindle anytime soon? Or perhaps you have a digital copy I could paypal you for?

Joyce DiPastena said...

Hi Kiki!

Sadly, no, my books aren't available in e-book or digital yet, though my publisher is trying to make it available for Kindle. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Aleksandra said...

Great teasers! I have an award for you here: http://my-book-obsession.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-101-awards.html

M said...

I will Joyce, I would love to read them soon!