Saturday, June 5, 2010

What Am I Reading for My 2010 New/Old Reading Challenge?

Well, now that I've finished The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart, I realize that instead of re-reading an "old favorite", I ended up reading (for me) a whole new book! I'm guessing I must have read the first couple of chapters many, many years ago, but for some reason, then put the book down and never finished it. So much of it was "new" to me that I'm counting it as a "new read" instead of an old one for my reading challenge.

Therefore, it's time to choose a book I really do know I've read before for my latest read! After browsing through my bookshelves, I've come across Bow Street Gentleman, by Margaret Sebastian. Although I've given away many Regency romances that I read in college (except, of course, for Georgette Heyer!), this one remained on my keeper shelf. And although I'm only a few pages into my latest "old read", I already know why I kept it. In addition to the romance itself, this is a book with PLOT! And I love books with PLOT! So I am now very happily reacquainting myself with another "old friend".

Here's the back cover blurb for Bow Street Gentleman:

At first lovely Emily Thorpe took the handsome Mr Charles Denning to be a thief. Next she suspected this mysterious stranger to be a murderer. But soon she was sure he was guilty of an even graver sin: Mr Denning was not a gentleman. Even worse, by now Emily was captive of a love that all right-thinking Regency society would condemn, and even Mr Denning saw fit to reject. Faces with aristocratic prejudice on one hand, and a man's unbending pride on the other, Emily had only her wit, her wiles, and her headstrong heart to conquer both...




I will share a Tuesday Teaser from Bow Street Gentleman with you on Tuesday.

If you'd like to join my 2010 New/Old Reading Challenge, its not too late! Click here and here for more information. And remember, there are prizes involved if you join us! :-) 


No comments: