Thursday, April 9, 2009

Win a Medieval Banner!


Have you ever wanted a medieval banner of your very own? C’mon, let’s be honest. Who hasn’t?

Well, here’s your opportunity to win such a banner! This time round, I’m holding a drawing especially for those who have read my medieval novel, Loyalty’s Web. The heraldic emblem of my heroine Heléne’s family is the double-headed phoenix. During the course of the story, Heléne uses a banner bearing this insignia to escape from a man who has her cornered in a room in her father’s castle.

The prize for this drawing: A replica of the double-headed phoenix banner (see right). This banner is approximately 20.5 inches wide and 47 inches in length. (A little smaller than the banner in my story, but still very cool!) I hung it on my bedroom door for display purposes to take a photo, but I have tucked it away once more to keep it clean and dust free for the winner.

How can you win this beautiful banner for yourself? Read Loyalty’s Web (if you haven’t already) and answer the question: How does Heléne use this banner to escape from the man who is barring her way?

Send the answer to jdipastena@yahoo.com no later than midnight May 31st. That will give anyone who has not yet read Loyalty’s Web time to find a copy and read it. (Check it out from the library, borrow it from a friend...or, of course, you can buy a copy at Deseret Book or order one from Amazon or DeseretBook.com.

Please be sure to include your name and mailing address, and to type: “Loyalty’s Web-site Drawing” in the subject line of your email.

The winner will be announced June 1st. So get thee to thy reading! I look forward to your entries!

(And don't forget to scroll down the left side of my page and vote in my "Would You Follow Me on Twitter" poll.)

No comments: