Sunday, April 26, 2015

Summary Sunday

This was the week I finally decided I've learned enough about my characters and backstory (after 11 and a half chapters) that I now know where the story was actually supposed to begin. So on Thursday, I went "back to the beginning" and started all over again with Chapter 1 of Courting Cassandry. I'm not really starting over completely from scratch. I'll be keeping a lot of the work I've already done, probably moving it around a bit. But just so you'll know, Thursday's and Friday's sentences are from my new C1.

Here's another mini-cast of characters for those who don't remember who's who from last week.

Cassandry: my 40-something year old heroine
Egelina: Cassandry's teenaged daughter
Gerolt: my 50-something year old hero
Aveline: Gerolt's late wife
Rauffe: Gerolt's teenaged son (betrothed to Egelina)

Monday: Cassandry knew she had been too gentle, wishing not to stain the memory of a father who had loved his daughter. But Egelina had to be warned.

Tuesday: But all the love Gerolt had poured into his lands, and then into his children, had not completely filled the empty crack in his heart that Aveline and Cassandry between them had cleft there.

Wednesday: (Egelina referring to Rauffe): “He is hound mad.”

Thursday: Gerolt removed the round cap he wore and ran a hand through his hair, pretending to smooth it down, but in fact trying to discern again the ratio of coarsened grey to the softer brown.


Friday: He cast about almost wildly for some way to rescind the words he had just spoken. Once Egelina and Rauffe were wed, Church law would forbid any union between their parents-by-marriage. Gerolt would lose Cassandry forever . . .

No comments: