Sunday, November 3, 2013

Summary Sunday

This week, my writing of The Lady and the Minstrel enjoyed both advances and suffered setbacks. One day I wrote over 900 words, and the next day I ripped all 900 words back out and completely rewrote that section of the scene. That's part of the writing process. Somedays it works, somedays it doesn't. But in the end, I advanced more than I backtracked, and in the end, that's what counts.

Here is a sampling from my writing sessions of The Lady and the Minstrel this week.


Monday: At least he had slowed the devilry against Gunthar, though Robert knew he had not stopped it.

Tuesday:  It was fear, not doubt that smothered you, like it smothered your family and everyone else on he manor

Wednesday: Robert saw the gleam dim in those gloating eyes as it always did when Robert had the audacity to address his “master” by the familiar diminutive that should have been reserved only to Kit’s family and friends.

Thursday: The trap was springing shut and Robert had no way to stop it.

Friday: “Yet you told me most of the barber’s story as though you had heard it from his own lips.” Or invented it yourself.

No comments: