Sunday, February 24, 2013

Summary Sunday

I just got back from an AWESOME writers conference, hosted by the American Night Writers Association (ANWA) in Mesa, Arizona. I learned many informative and inspirational things over the past two days, but here's one thought I'd like to share with you from our keynote speaker, James A. Owen:

"Never, ever sacrifice what you want the most, for what you want the most at that moment."

Just think about it. :-)

Because of conference activities, I only got five days of writing in this week, and hence have only five new sentences to share with you. Four of the five are spoken by my heroine's cousin, Richard; one (well, two together) are thoughts by my heroine, Marguerite. All of these are from The Lady and the Minstrel.


Monday: (Richard:) “And you have Heywood to thank for finding yourself bound to a man shameless enough to bring his mistress to his own betrothal, for no other man is so conceited in his own power and cunning as to think he can rule Heywood’s manors and stamp out the danger from spreading to his own.”

Tuesday: (Richard:) “Lady Beatrice lost her position as one of Queen Isabella’s ladies-in-waiting and found herself and her husband both banished to their own estates, merely because Lady Beatrice gave a sniff one day that the earl interpreted as disdain of Lady Lovell.”

Wednesday: (Richard:) “Most of the barons have come to hate the king, and I can hardly blame them after what he did to William de Briouze and his family.”

Thursday: (Marguerite:) Minstrels did not fight wars. Unless he is more than a minstrel.

Friday: (Richard:) “Apparently I had rattled on about my ‘pestering little cousin’ to her whenever she asked me about my family.”

No comments: