Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summary Sunday

Summary Sunday is where I share one new sentence from each day of my writing week with you. It's a way to give you a flavor of what I'm currently working on, and a way to hold myself accountable for actually writing something during the week so I'll have some sentences to share with you! :-)

These sentences are from my never-ending draft of Acelet's story. (Acelet was a character in Illuminations of the Heart, in case you haven't read it.)

Monday: It was just like Acelet to call such riffraff “friends”. 

Tuesday: “Even an fat old woman like me forgets that she is old and fat and only a servant when he sings, his voice sweet as the lavender honey I use in the almond cakes that the duke so loves.”

Saturday: “Folcaut and I are eager to hear you rearrange this tale to avoid the need to recount the torrid love affair.”

Yes, not one of my better writing weeks. :::sigh::: Well, three days were better than none. I'm starting an online writing class on Monday, so depending on how demanding the assignments are, I may or may not have a Summary Sunday to share with you next week. If I write anything interesting for the class, though, I may share it instead. :-)

No comments: