Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm all at 3s and 4s! Oh, my!


Some people are all at sixes and sevens. Tonight, I’m all at threes and fours. To be specific:

Medieval Threes:

The Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Three days Christ spent in the tomb
Three Epochs: Before the Law (Adam to Moses); Under the Law (Moses to Jesus); Under Grace: (Christ to Judgment Day)
Three Theological Virtues: Faith, Hope, Charity

Medieval Fours:

Four Evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Four creatures of Revelation: first like a lion; second like a calf; third had a face like a man; fourth like an eagle (Revelation 4:6-8)
Four horsemen of the Apocalypse: conquest, war, famine, death (Revelation 6:1-8)
Four humors: phlegmatic, sanguine, choleric, melancholic
Four points of the cross

What do the threes and fours have to do with my WIP? You’ll find out if it ever turns into a book! (If I don’t edit them out first, that is.)

1 comment:

Nichole Giles said...

As if I wasn't already dying for your next book. Now I'm even more curious.

Don't worry, though. I know, I know. You can't rush creative genius. Oh boy, how I know it.