Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser is a weekly bookish meme (rhymes with “cream"), hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. (I’ve borrowed it from LDS Women’s Book Review.) Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share at least two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

I’m adapting the rules slightly: I’ll be quoting some random lines from the last page I read before I post my teaser. I'm a slow reader, so I will likely quote from the same book more than once on Tuesday Teaser day!
Here's my first teaser from Queen in Exile:

She smiled. It was fortunate he already sat, or his knees might have failed him. When her fragile hand closed in his, the same warmth he had felt when he touched her hand in the forest traveled up his arm and spread, stirring a place inside his heart he thought had died years ago. He swallowed and withdrew his hand."

Queen in Exile, by Donna Hatch, p 64

If you'd like to share a Teaser from a book you're currently reading, I'd love you to do so in the comment section. And you don't even have to share it on a Tuesday! Be sure to include the title, author, and page number in case others would like to check out the book you're reading, too!

2 comments:

Karin said...

She landed on a hard floor against something hard. She touched it, but pipes and other pieces of metal were all she felt.
Out of Body by Stella Cameron

Joyce DiPastena said...

Ouch! That sounds painful. Thanks for sharing your "tease" with us, Karin!