Sunday, April 4, 2010

Summary Sunday

Some writers I know write much faster than I do. Some writers I know write slower. Some writers I know write more hours a day than I do. Some writers I know write less. One thing I've learned. I cannot successfully complete a new book if I worry about comparing myself to others, therefore...I write the number of words a day that I write. I write the number of hours a week that I write. When my efforts feel so small that I sometimes wonder if it's worth it to continue, I take this verse as my mantra:

"Out of small things proceeds that which is great." (Doctrine & Covenants 64:33)

Here is a weekly summary of my often "small" writing efforts. And just for fun, I'm throwing in one "new" sentence a day from my daily writing. These sentences may or may not make the final editing cut when all is said and done, so enjoy them while you can!

Thanks for joining me on my journey!

Monday: Out of town all day

Tuesday: Retooling old chapter

Sentence: "How long will it take his letter to reach Lisette in Rouen?"


Wednesday: 1132 words


Sentence: "And don't pretend that he didn't mean Joslin, for I am not so fribble-brained that I didn't see how he looked from you to her as he said it."


Thursday: 1036 words


Sentence: "Such pride as yours, Joslin, I will happily seek relief from among the quick minds and generous hearts of the duke's lowly musicians."


Friday: 1063 words


Sentence: "I could laugh merry enough to charm the stars from the skies and men would still think me as desirable as a leper!"


If anyone would like to start a Summary Sunday on their own blog, you're welcome to share my idea. All I ask is that you link back to my original blog link.

No comments: