Monday, June 22, 2009

Crazy Eights

I’ve been tagged…again! Actually, this tag came before my Superior Scribbler Award, but it’d completely slipped my notice until today. Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen, author of the soon-to-be published suspense novel, Missing, tagged me way back in May. Unfortunately, I became “It” in the middle of a visit by my sister while I hardly had any time to check my email, and hence only discovered this today while I was “weeding old emails”. (Which is certainly more fun…and cooler this time of year…than weeding my lawn ourdoors!)

Don’t expect too much. I’m a pretty boring person, overall. But since I don’t want to remain “It” forever, my only choice is to play the game, then tag someone else. (Eight someone elses, in this case.)

Okay, here are the rules for this game:

1. Mention the person who tagged you. (Done.)

2. Complete the list of 8’s.

3. Tag 8 other bloggers.

4. Tell them they have been tagged.

Here goes!

Eight Things I Look Forward To:

1. Seeing my new book (Illuminations of the Heart) published and in stores!

2. Attending the ANWA Writers Retreat

3. Spending time with my sister again someday. (At least for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She’s already bought her plane tickets to Arizona!)

4. Going to bed each night, because that’s when I have my “quiet, reading time.”

5. Popcorn on Sunday nights

6. The new Harry Potter movie this summer.

7. Arizona winters

8. The annual Arizona Renaissance Festival! (this should have been higher on the list)

Eight Things I Did Yesterday (Sunday):

1. Got out of bed. (Trust me, that's a biggie!)

2. Attended Church

3. Attended choir

4. Took a nap (nice!)

5. Talked to my sister on the phone

6. Posted my bi-weekly blog to ANWA Founder & Friends

7. Watched “Merlin” on TV with my Sunday night popcorn

8. emailed friends

Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Play the piano better than I do

2. Sing better than I do

3. Visit England, especially the “medieval” sites

4. Figure out how to “fix” my new WIP to make it work

5. Make telephone calls without stressing out so much about making a telephone call

6. Move to a condo with no yard but lots of bookshelf space

7. Turn off my mind and go to sleep at night

8. Spend more time with my sister, without having to leave Arizona

Eight Shows I Watch:

1. Monk

2. Psych

3. Law & Order (the original series)

4. Law & Order: Criminal Intent

5. Heroes

6. Smallville

7. Dollhouse

8. Your World With Neil Cavuto

Eight Friends I’m Tagging:

Sheila Staley

Tina Scott

Marsha Ward

Jaimey Grant

Donna Hatch

Suzanne Barker

Catherine Hooper

Liz Adair

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'd love to visit England someday too, Joyce. I've got lots of family history there.
Sunday naps are high on my list too.