Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summary Sunday


Summary Sunday is where I share one new sentence from each day of my writing week with you. It's a way to give you a flavor of what I'm currently working on, but more importantly, it's a way to hold myself accountable for actually writing something during the week so I'll have some sentences to share with you!

These sentences are from my never-ending draft of Acelet's story. (Acelet was a character in Illuminations of the Heart, in case you haven't read it.)

Monday: "Whatever boon you may be seeking from his hand might be sweetened by a sweet-thrummed song from this.”

Tuesday: Quite certainly Lady Siri, who deplored anything to do with the needle, had delegated the task of adorning the case to the Lady Lucianna, Sir Balduin’s wife.

Wednesday: The future unfurled like a scroll in his mind, with a siren call so strong that his words of reassurance died in his throat.

Thursday: Acelet did not often spare his time in thinking of her at all, save to curse the fact that since Lisette’s father had chosen the Lady Joslin to be her companion, he had scarce been able to steal a dozen words in private with his beloved.


Friday: (no sentence, because I took myself to see "Captain America". :-) )


Saturday: If a dousing in the river could have washed the memory away, he would have plunged himself to the very depths before seeking out Lisette.

No comments: