Sunday, March 22, 2015

Summary Sunday

I'm going on a trip this week to visit my sister, so I probably won't get a chance to share a sentence sampler with you again for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these snippets from my work-in-progress, Courting Cassandry!

Monday: Gerolt to Cassandry concerning his son, Rauffe: “Aveline always knew how to care for him. I have been lost to know how to deal with him without her.”

Tuesday: Cassandry gazed down the path that led to the fountain, perhaps as surprised as he was that Rauffe and Egelina had not fled back to join their parents.

Wednesday: “Really, Cassandry, it has been over twenty years,” Sir Samson protested. “I never thought you so vindictive as to hold a grudge for half the span of your life.”

Thursday: Antony had cut her off from the world, and with it all news of the people she once had loved, after Sir Samson’s “game.”


Saturday: You were not only my guardian, but my closest friend. Even my love for Antony could not fill the loss in my life when I left you, and then when he made me sever my last connection with you—For a moment, Cassandry felt again the wrenching void of that blow.

No comments: