Saturday, January 29, 2011

What Am I Reading Now?

I finished reading Knight's Fee, by Rosemary Sutcliff, earlier this week. If you'd like to know what I thought of it, you can read my review on Goodreads. (I don't often write formal reviews, but for some reason, this time I was moved to do so.)

I was going to pluck something different from my TBR pile to read next, but then I learned that a movie is coming out in February based on another Rosemary Sutcliff book, The Eagle of the Ninth...a copy of which I just happened to have tucked away, yes, in my TBR pile! So you can pretty much guess what book I'm reading now! (The movie is due for release on February 11, 2011 and is called The Eagle, if you're interested.) I don't know how faithful the movie will be to the book (which I haven't finished reading yet), but here's the book's back cover blurb:

In A.D. 119 the Ninth Roman Legion marched north into the wilds of Britain beyond Agricola's Wall and disappeared without a trace. Fifteen years later, Marcus Flavius Aquila, the son of the unit's commander, embarks on a quest to recover the lost eagle standard of the Ninth, symbol of a legion's--and his family's--honor.

If you'd like to check out the movie trailers, click here. If you want to read the book first, though, you might want to wait on the trailers, because I watched one and can tell it contains spoilers. (Which is why I didn't watch the other two...yet.)

Stop by on Tuesday to read a Tuesday Teaser (but not a spoiler!) from The Eagle of the Ninth!

No comments: