Monday, August 31, 2009

Medieval Word of the Day

Curtain Wall: the outer wall that "hangs between" or connects the towers of a castle

See those walls "connecting" the castle towers above? Those are the "curtain walls".

(Castle art courtesy of

Check out today's blog review of Illuminations of the Heart at Tristi's Takes. Leave a comment to win one of four prizes, including an autographed copy of Illuminations!

1 comment:

Nichole Giles said...

Now that's one I didn't know. I mean, I pictured it when I read it, but had never heard the definition before. This is a fun thing you're doing.