Yikes! How I ended up with this award I’ll never know. I think I must be the least creative (or kreativ, for that matter) blogger on the planet! But I’m humbled by the faith that Heather Justesen has placed in me and will try to improve and rise to this occasion in my future posts. (That’s not a promise, mind you, so don’t get your hopes up, but you never know…I might surprise you all, myself included, and burst into kreativity someday! Whoever invented the spelling for this award was very kreativ, don’t you think?)
First, I'm supposed to list seven things you don't know about me. Here goes!
1. I broke all the legs off my sister’s favorite toy horses when we were children. Not on purpose, it just happened while I was playing with them. Isn’t that what “toy” horses are for…playing with? Apparently my sister didn’t think so. She accuses me of having an accomplice named Terry (or Terri?), but for the life of me, I can’t remember having a friend named Terry (or even Terri!) at that young age, so I think the crime must indeed have been committed by myself alone.
2. I’m quite sure I would be taller if my growth hadn’t been stunted by breathing tailings and smelter smoke between the formative ages of 2 to 7. Then again, someone once told my also short parents, “You can’t get a horse out of two ponies”, so maybe my height is more genetic than I’d like to admit?
3. I used to have terrible nightmares as a child. One day, my mother went through the house and gathered all my nightmares up in a paper bag, then our whole family drove to a town 8 miles away where we let the nightmares loose. And I never had another nightmare for years and years…until we wound up moving to that town 8 miles away where my nightmares were roaming free.
4. The first book I ever wrote was a cross-mystery/romance between some characters from Star Trek and Dark Shadows, complete with “illustrations” I’d traced and “redressed” from a Francie coloring book. (Does anyone remember who Francie was besides me and my sister?)
5. I’m a Fox News junkie, but I’m not a Glenn Beck fan. (Gasp!) I enjoy Bill O’Reilly, but Neil Cavuto is my hero! (And not getting the Fox Business Network just stinks.)
6. As a child, I loved sneaking a spoon full of sugar from the sugar bowl in the kitchen cupboard. I always felt guilty about it, though. One day, I felt so guilty that I broke down and confessed to my mother, only to have her confess in return that she sneaked spoonfuls of the sugar from the sugar bowl, too!
7. The first, and I think last, class I ever cut in college was to watch the landing of the first space shuttle. That was so exciting I’ve never forgotten it, or even felt guilty! (Unlike the spoonful of sugar mentioned above.)
Okay, now it’s my turn to nominate 7 people for this wonderfully kreative prize! Here are my choices (and I hope none of them have been nominated already):
Jaimey Grant at Into the Mind of Jaimey Grant
Donna Hatch at Donna Hatch
Suzanne Barker at Up To Speed
Tina Scott at Totally Tina
Cindy R Williams at Blogs & Blurbs
Danielle Thorne at The Balanced Writer
Theresa Sneed at Theresa Talks
Now, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thanks, Heather!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the logo to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Good luck, ladies!