Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summary Sunday

This week I was back with my hero, Robert, in Poitou. He's in all sorts of trouble! I'll have to keep writing to help him find a way out of it.

Here is a sampling of new sentences from The Lady and the Minstrel.


Monday: Robert tried to tell himself it could have been worse.

Tuesday: Robert longed to rise and pace the little space there was, but he’d learned from a sword twice pointed at his chest that the guard preferred he stay where he was.

Wednesday: Gunthar straightened. “Your father was the villein that Lord Simon hanged?

Thursday: “Strode could strangle you in your cell, and the king would not blink so long as he could wring an extravagant fine from Strode to fill his coffers.”

Friday: “Maybe that shrewish wife o’ mine will appreciate me then, when I put a fine gown on that back that only bends to me when I beat it.”

No comments: