Sunday, March 10, 2013

Summary Sunday


I had an equal number of great writing days and slow revising days this week, but I still managed to crank out a few new sentences on even the slowest days. Here is a sampling of this week’s work from The Lady and the Minstrel.

Monday: Having naught to offer her, it was not his place to try to ease a heart she had willingly given Strode to break.

Tuesday: Robert did not hear any more, for a drubbing rage pounded between his ears.

Wednesday: The squire would be shamed, and the earl more so, that a man both considered beneath their notice, a mere musician, had defeated a man of warrior blood.

Thursday: “But I’d left the door open a bit for some light, an’ one minute we were talkin’ and holdin’ hands and the next I was on the ground and my head was swimmin’ an’ Maida was screamin’ and that devil was laughin’, an’ if I’d had a knife on me I would have sliced out his guts.”

Friday: “I hate it as much as you, but sometimes no matter how hard we try to stop them, they still win.”

Saturday: ’Twas no trick of the shadows. Will had definitely been brooding.

No comments: