Sunday, April 3, 2011

What Am I Reading Now?

Finished with The Silver Branch. Sadly, Constantius didn't show up until the very last chapter, though I enjoyed meeting him once he finally made an appearance. To be honest, while interesting, I didn't enjoy The Silver Branch nearly as much as I did The Eagle of the Ninth. The characters and story just don't "linger with me" the same way The Eagle of the Ninth did. Oh, well. I'm still glad I read it.

I'm going to save the final installment of Rosemary Sutcliff's Roman Britain series for a couple of reads down the road. In the meantime, I've chosen a contemporary mystery for my next read. I don't read a lot of contemporary mysteries (I don't read a lot of contemporary anythings), but this one is written by a good friend of mine, Rachelle J. Christensen. It's her debut novel and is up for a Whitney Award in May.

Here's the back cover blurb:

When Aubree Stewart receives a mysterious phone call on her way to work, she doesn't know what to think when the caller mentions a dead body. At first she assumes it is some kind of prank. But the call isn't a practical joke, and Aubree soon finds herself swept up in a world of danger, intrigue, and murder. With help from the FBI, Aubree races to protect herself and what's left of her family, but the one thing she forgets to protect is her own heart.

Stop by on Tuesday to read a Tuesday Teaser from Wrong Number.

No comments: