Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joyce's 2006 trip to Europe

Ahhh. How can I resist sharing this marvelous reproduction of my 2006 trip to Europe with you? (Yes, it's true. I'm not only an author, I'm an artist! These pictures will be famous someday! Okay, well, maybe not.)

A few preliminary notes:

Koshka the cat had diabetes and had to be boarded in Tempe, AZ while I went on my trip. What a fun trip from Kearny to Tempe that was!

Don't get excited about London. We never left the airport.

Torino is a city in Italy where my sister went on a work trip. She left me to my own devices while she was off on business.

From Torino we flew to Spain for more work-related business for my sister. I spent most of my time in the back of a car driving us from city to city to city and archive to archive to archive. (My sister works for the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, BTW.)

My sister allowed me one afternoon of shopping in Valencia, Spain before we flew back to Italy.

In Italy we visited the hometown of my Italian grandmother. (No, she doesn't still live there. She passed away when I was a child.)

Other than that, this reproduction is pretty self-explanatory, don't you think?


(PS I have no idea what prompted me to serialize our trip after the fact. I found this in a pile of papers while "weeding" today and of course, I just had to share it with all of you!)

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

I love it! And how exciting to get to go to Europe and experience even the bit you were able to do. Your sister's job sounds awesome. Does she still work there? I have an old college roommate that does.