Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Teaser


Tuesday Teaser is a weekly bookish meme (rhymes with “cream"), hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. (I’ve borrowed it from LDS Women’s Book Review.) Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share at least two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

I'm adapting the rules slightly. I'll be quoting some random lines from the last chapter I read before I post a teaser. I'm a slow reader, so you may get multiple teasers per book. Here's a teaser from Isabelle Webb: The Pharaoh's Daughter, by N.C. Allen:

Isabelle sat next to her. "During the war, I saw head wounds that resulted in symptoms similar to yours. The doctors would insist that the patients be kept awake for a certain amount of time to be sure . . ." To be sure they wouldn't fall asleep permanently, she thought.

From Isabelle Webb: The Pharaoh's Daughter, 57% finished

If you'd like to share a teaser from a book you're currently reading, I'd love you to do so in the comment section. And you don't even have to share it on a Tuesday! Be sure to include the title, author, and page number in case others would like to check out the book you're reading.

1 comment:

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

I love this idea!

My book is One False Note by Gordon Korman (It is the second book in The 39 Clues Series.)

"They heard the voices first--not just one or two but the general hubbub of a crowd.

'People!' Dan hissed. 'Get us out of here!'

But the chrome panels were already sweeping apart."

Taken from page 107.