Sunday, March 11, 2012

Summary Sunday

It's been a long time since I shared a Summary Sunday with you. I got sidetracked, first with the holidays (how in the world did it get to be March?), then with the the pre-pub, pub, post-pub obligations of Dangerous Favor.

But I'm finally back to new writing again. Here are a few sentences I wrote this week from my novella that at this point in the process I'm simply calling "Emilie's story".

Monday: Indeed, too many idle gazes drifted over the occupants on the dais in the midst of the dozens of casual conversations rolling through the hall. 


Tuesday: Untrue, Emilie thought, you kept a tender memory and if your husband sees you together again, he will know it.


Wednesday: “Yes, aunt,” Emilie said in firm reply to the faint question in Noel’s voice, “we must.”


Thursday: As long as Emilie had known her, Noel had retreated into her dreams to escape the unpleasant realities of her life.


Friday: One leaned forward and spoke something into the queen’s ear that brought a sly smile to her face.


Saturday: What an absurd affectation, as silly as Sir Crespin’s slashed tunic and pointed shoes.

No comments: