Sunday, October 23, 2011

Summary Sunday

Summary Sunday is where I share one new sentence from each day of my writing week with you. It's a way to give you a flavor of what I'm currently working on, and a way to hold myself accountable for actually writing something during the week so I'll have some sentences to share with you! :-)

These sentences are from my never-ending draft of Acelet's story. (Acelet was a character in Illuminations of the Heart, in case you haven't read it.)

Monday: Triston had sent him some gold for his journey along with the harp, but he had not sent him a horse.

Thursday: It had not been the outcome of his duel with Raynor de Molinet alone, but a new recognition of his own nature.

Friday: "But I tell you now, Acelet, that if you make this choice, then I swear, I will follow the example of Triston’s grandfather and abandon our Poitevin ways of inheritance to settle my lands solely on the head of your brother.”

Saturday: Acelet had felt a warm glow of pride that his father had heard the praise, but he answered with a wary eye on his father’s fist, remembering many a night spent nursing a buzzing ear after Sir Lambert had soundly boxed it.

No comments: