Friday, October 14, 2011

Norman Conquest Day 2011 - let's eat cake!

Okay, here's my annual "purely representative of the actual event" cake reenactment of the Battle of Hastings. Some day I'm going to track down some actual Norman and Saxon toy soldiers, but in the mean time, just use your imagination.

Aside from the knights on horseback (Normans), this year's battle was so chaotic, even I couldn't tell who was on who's side!


Crash!


Clang! Clang! Clang!


Smash! Wham!


Thud! 
(That's Harold, going down. You can't see him, he fell off the cake.)

Click here to see a nifty Norman Conquest Day video I posted earlier today.

Click here to read/see all my Norman Conquest day posts

Happy Norman Conquest Day 2011!!!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I like this years cake.

Joyce DiPastena said...

Yes, the cake goes better with sound effects.