Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser is a weekly bookish meme (rhymes with “cream"), hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. (I’ve borrowed it from LDS Women’s Book Review.) Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share at least two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

I'm adapting the rules slightly. I'll be quoting some random lines from the last chapter I read before I post of teaser. I'm a slow reader, so you may get multiple teasers per book. Here's a teaser from The Door in the Wall:

The two heads bent over the parchment together, Brother Luke's tonsured, Robin's dark and thickly thatched.

"Oh," said Robin, "you have made it look like poetry with red capitals!"

"Yes," agreed Brother Luke, "but when it is read to thee, 'twill not sound like poetry, I'll vow. Thou hast not minced words in thy letter."

From The Door in the Wall, by Marguerite de Angeli, p 31

If you'd like to share a teaser from a book you're currently reading, I'd love you to do so in the comment section. And you don't even have to share it on a Tuesday! Be sure to include the title, author, and page number in case others would like to check out the book you're reading, too.

No comments: