Monday, November 29, 2010

Remember What Christmas Is All About!

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, here's a fun scripture reading idea I ran across a couple of years ago to help us remember what Christmas is really all about. If you read one chapter from the Gospel of Luke every day for the month of December, you will finish the gospel on Christmas Eve. Isn't that cool? 24 chapters, 24 days till Christmas. What a great way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, by beginning the month reading about the birth of Christ, following him through his mortal ministry, and reading about the miracle of his glorious resurrection on Christmas Eve.

A little personal twist I enjoy adding is to buy one of those chocolate advent calendars and eating that day's chocolate along with that day's chapter from Luke. Just a fun little add-on, if you like. :-)

Whatever your personal holiday and/or traditions are, I hope you all have a wonderful December!

5 comments:

Monique said...

That's a great idea! Thanks Joyce.

kbrebes said...

Great idea, Joyce. I've never seen the chocolate advent calendar. I'm gonna look for it!

DanielleThorne said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea! I am SO going to do this with my kids. It'll be very special.

Joyce DiPastena said...

I saw some chocolate advent calendars at Target, although I got mine at Cost Plus World Market this year.

Gail Pallotta said...

What a wonderful idea, Joyce. I'm going to share that with my Sunday school class. We could even do it in Sunday school.