Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Teaser


Tuesday Teaser is a weekly bookish meme (rhymes with “cream"), hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. (I’ve borrowed it from LDS Women’s Book Review.) Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share at least two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

I’m adapting the rules slightly: I’ll be quoting some random lines from the last page I read before I post my teaser. Also, because I’m a slow reader, I may quote from the same book more than once over a period of two or three Tuesdays. Then again, if I’m reading more than one book at a time, I may vary my teaser from book to book. Anyway, I think this sounds like fun, so here we go!

Tuesday Teaser:

Sir Tristram said dryly: "I trust neither of you will hesitate to vilify my character whenever it seems expedient to you to do so."

"No, of course we shall not," Miss Thane assured him.

"But you do not mind, mon cousin, do you?"

"On the contrary, I am becoming quite accustomed to it.... I have been in swift succession a tyrant, a thief and a murderer, and now a fortune hunter. There is really nothing left."

The Talisman Ring, by Georgette Heyer, p 113

If you'd like to share a Teaser from a book you're currently reading, I'd love you to do so in the comment section. And you don't even have to share it on a Tuesday! Be sure to include the title, author, and page number in case others would like to check out the book you're reading, too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh i missed it! but i'll get on it next tuesday! And i'm excited to read that book now as well. I love Heyer and haven't read that one. I also just ordered your book, i was waiting to see if i won it ;-)

Joyce DiPastena said...

Thank you, Kate! Needless to say, you've made my day. :-)

I've read the Talisman Ring many times and am loving it all over again. So thrilled to find another G Heyer fan!