As a participant in this summer's 2008 Summer Book Trek, I've been asked to post and respond to the following as the book trek draws to a close. Forgive me for not typing in more detail, but I'm on a trip to Philadelphia with my sister, borrowing my sister's work computer to post this, and her keyboard is driving me nuts! More about my trip when I get back to Arizona. In the mean time, on with my Summer Book Trek Wrap-Up!
LDS PUBLISHER: The Summer Book Trek ended on Sunday, August 31st. We have a few days to finish up what we're reading and to post and link our final reviews. This has been fun for me and, I hope, fun for you too. I read several LDS authors during this time, but not the ones on my list. Life works out that way, sometimes.If you've already finished your reading list, you can go ahead and post your wrap-up/summary post. Please consider answering these questions:
JDP ANSWERS IN RED
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read? FIVE--THE ARTHURIAN OMEN BY G.G. VANDAGRIFF; DANTE'S DAUGHTER BY KIMBERLEY HEUSTON; THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE: THE SECOND SUN BY CHRIS STEWART; THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE: FURY AND LIGHT BY CHRIS STEWART; ANGEL FALLING SOFTLY BY EUGENE WOODBURY. I ONLY REVIEWED THE FIRST THREE, THOUGH, AS I HAD TO REVIEW THREE NON-FICTION BOOKS AND DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO REVIEW THE EXTRA TWO FICTION TITLES, TOO.
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn't participated in this book trek? YES
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How? NOT REALLY.
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How? NO, I JUST PICKED TITLES THAT SOUNDED INTERESTING TO ME, ALL PUBLISHED PRIOR TO 2008 (EXCEPT FOR ONE)
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How? NO
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why? YES, PLUS TWO NOT ON MY LIST
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love? NOT REALLY, BUT I DID ENJOY READING BOOKS I WOULD NOT ORDINARILY HAVE TRIED
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards? NO, BECAUSE MOST WERE NOT 2008 BOOKS, AND THE ONE THAT WAS ELIGIBLE I DIDN'T LIKE WELL ENOUGH TO NOMINATE
9. Would you be interested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer? NEXT SUMMER. I'M READY TO READ SOME NON-LDS FICTION FOR AWHILE NOW.