Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday Teaser

So you remember that "medieval ghost story" I started writing clear back in 2015? Yeah. I got two whole chapters written before it kind of fell off my radar while I dove into medieval Venice and Nick and Giacinta's story instead. This whole process has been very odd for me. I usually pick a story and write straight through until I finish a draft, but somehow it's not working out that way this time. Nick and Gia told me they need a bit of a break. Not from each other, thankfully, but some space to let their story "gel in my head" a little bit. So while it's gelling and I'm waiting to start typing out their story again, I've decided to return to my medieval "ghost story" . . . which I guess I should confess upfront isn't really a ghost story, but don't tell my hero, Alric, that. It will completely spoil the lesson Mariel is trying to teach him!

I shared some previous Summary Sunday snippets from their story with you here and here. Since it's Tuesday, I thought I'd update you with a Tuesday Teaser from a new chapter I began last week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Envisioning the test she had set before him had been easy. Plotting and planning the details had helped divert her from the pain of his betrayal through the long days and nights when it had lain so fresh on her heart. A heart she had spent six weeks turning to stone so that no man could ever break it again. But when she had seen Alric fall to his knees in the road, when she had heard him weeping . . . Suddenly a resolve to prove and punish had quivered into a small thread of hope that perhaps—just perhaps—she could do for him in death what she had not been able to do in life.    


1 comment:

tya6i said...

If you're a smoker, it's time to quit for your dental care! Smoking is one of the worst things that play bazaaryou can do for the health of your mouth. Not only does it stain teeth and hurt your gums, it also puts you in jeopardy of oral cancer. You owe it to yourself to quit.satta king