Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Am I Reading Now?

2010 is almost over, can you believe it? Has anyone been following along with my New/Old Book Reading Challenge? If so, I hope you’re winding up your last read and readying up your reading lists to share with me. I’ll be awarding prizes on January 15!

I had a lot of fun with my own challenge this year, but I admit, it turned out to be a tough one even for me! My TBR piles are growing by leaps and bounds, so although I hope to continue to read a few old favorites in 2011, I won’t be holding another challenge. I’ve got to start whittling these piles down! So my “What Am I Reading for My New/Old Reading Challenge?” will be morphing into simply “What Am I Reading Now?” And since books that I begin one year but roll over into the new year to finish get counted as a “new year read”, here is my first official read of 2011 (already in progress):

By Heart and Compass, by Danielle Thorne

Here’s the back cover blurb:

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

“Tuesday Teasers” will continue in 2011, and in fact will be back this Tuesday for a teaser from By Heart and Compass, so I hope you’ll drop by!

No comments: